The Kenosha County Historical Society has two buildings on its campus: the Kenosha History Center, which focuses on Kenosha County history, and the Southport Light Station Museum, which is a restored Light Keeper’s home and lighthouse.
The main offices, three exhibit galleries, the gift shop, and our Archives are all housed in the Kenosha History Center building. The fourth gallery, focusing on maritime history, is the Southport Light Station, which is located on top of the hill above the History Center building.
The Southport Light Station Museum comprises the historic lighthouse from 1866 and the adjacent Lighthouse Keeper’s home from 1867. Both floors of the Lighthouse Keeper’s residence have been restored to the year 1908, which corresponds to the most recent building additions and changes. Read more about the Civil War museum in our another post. The Southport Light Station Museum is open from the middle of May to the end of October. Genesis Sliding Doors is located in Kenosha County and provides its services there. Call them at 847-851-4065.